Student Growth Objectives
Annual Student Growth Objectives - Teachers/specialists will set two annual objectives using the SGO online registration system . Those who meet both of their annual objectives will receive a base building increase of 1% Index. Teachers who meet one objective will receive a 1% of Index non-base building incentive. Teachers who do not meet either objective will receive no increase.
The process for setting Student Growth Objectives is described on the Denver Public Schools website.
- Employees are required to write two SGOs every year, even if they are not in ProComp. A teacher cannot use CSAP to set annual growth objectives. The SGOs must be job embedded and must be made in collaboration with their principal or supervisor.
- Employee must be actively enrolled in ProComp and must have a status of active with benefits (AB), Active Retiree Exempt (AH), Active with J1 Visa-no PERA (AV), active retired (AR), leave with pay (LP), leave summer pay/benefits (LR), or FMLA leave (LF) or Leave with full pay J1 Visa-No PERA (LV) at the time of setting SGOs to be eligible to receive the incentive.
- For an employee to be eligible to receive the SGO incentive, the SGOs they set must be set in the online system, then reviewed and approved by their Principal or supervisor.
- If an SGO is not approved, the employee can modify and resubmit the SGO before the submission deadline of the last Friday before Spring Break.
- To be eligible for timely payout, SGOs must be finalized and submitted to the SGO Administrator by the last Friday before Spring Break. SGOs finalized and submitted by this time cannot be changed, updated or altered.
- When SGO results are complied, the employee and their supervisor must review the results. Final SGO results must be approved by employee's principal or supervisor and the final decision must be entered by the principal or supervisor to the online system to be eligible for the SGO incentive payout.
- The final decision is one of the following:
- Not Met
- If the principal or supervisor reviews the SGO and determines that the teacher has completed the SGO to satisfaction, the principal or supervisor will mark the SGO as "Met" in the system.
- All SGO results are approved by employee's supervisor. The supervisor is responsible for entering the final decision results into the online system. Submissions must be complete in the online system by August 31st for payout at the beginning of next contract year.
- If the principal or supervisor reviewed the SGO documentation and determined that there was not enough information to approve or deny the SGO, the principal can request the teacher to go back and provide more thorough documentation. All documentation must be submitted by Nov 30th of the following contract year. Objectives still pending as of November 30th of the following contract year are deemed "not met".
- At the time of payout, employee must be actively enrolled in ProComp or have just retired or transferred within the district and must have a status of active with benefits (AB), Active Retiree Exempt (AH), Active with J1 Visa-no PERA (AV), active retired (AR), leave with pay (LP), leave summer pay/benefits (LR), or FMLA leave (LF) or Leave with full pay J1 Visa-No PERA (LV) to be eligible for this incentive.
- If employee left the DCTA Bargaining Unit or went on unpaid leave after earning and SGO incentive and returns as an active member of ProComp in a qualified status before September 30th of the year following the payment year, they are eligible to receive this incentive.
· If the final SGO decision is entered into the online system by August 31, payout will be made on September 30 (the first payroll of the next contract year). SGOs with a “Pending” status after August 31 will be delayed for action. If the decision is a “Met 1” decision, the September 30 payout will consist of a one-time bonus. If the decision is a “Met 2” decision, the ProComp member will begin to receive a salary increase equal to 1% of the base index in the September 30 paycheck.
· If no further action is taken, SGOs with a “Pending” status will shift automatically to “Not Met” after November 30 of the next contract year.
· If the final SGO decision is entered between September 1 and November 30 of the next contract year, payouts will be made on December 31. ProComp members with a “Met 1” decision will receive a one-time bonus on December 31. ProComp members with a “Met 2” decision will begin to receive a salary increase equal to 1% of the base index on the December 31 paycheck, retroactive to September 1.
- Employees who have two decisions of "Met SGO" and continue in ProComp the following contract year earn a salary increase of 1% of the index.
- Employees with one decision of "Met SGO" will receive a bonus of 1% of the index.
- Employees who have met one or both SGOs, but retired from DPS or who have left the bargaining unit but remain employed by DPS, will receive a bonus of 1% of the index.
- Employees who leave the District voluntarily or who are terminated for cause, do not receive payment for SGOs.
- The amount of the payment for both bonus and salary building SGOs is prorated based on the FTE at the time of payment.