ProComp pay for Alternative Licensing Programs
ProComp pay for the following alternative licensure programs is described below:
- ALP: The Alternative Licensing Program is the new name of the TiR (Teacher in Residence) Program. The State of Colorado approved numerous agencies to offer alternative licensure programs. Denver Public Schools partners with Metropolitan State College for ALP/TiR. Other agencies which are approved by CDE include TILA, BOCES, Colorado Christian University. A complete list is available on the CDE website.
- DTF: Denver Teaching Fellows
- DTR: Denver Teacher Residency
- TFA: Teach for America
- Note: The SEE (Special Education Eligibility) program is not considered an "alternative" licensure program for the purposes of alternative licensure ProComp issues.)
All candidates who are not fully licensed and are participating in an alternative licensure program as the teacher of record earn a salary. However, the salaries of teachers in ALP (formerly TiR), teachers with an Emergency License (A3TN and A3SN) and A-10s (TTEs) are set below the master salary schedule by 5% of the current ProComp index. For 2013-14, the 5% reduction is $1,906.
An increase of 5% of the current index is awarded to all candidates whose salaries were reduced by 5% upon proof of completion of the alternative licensure program. Proof of completion is a valid copy of the CDE Initial or Professional License. The increase is paid retroactive to the beginning of the month in which the paperwork has been received by HR Connect. The teacher is responsible for submitting proof of program completion to the Payroll Business Services Office in order to be credited with the increase.
Hard to Serve Incentive, All Programs:
The Hard to Serve bonus is paid for any of the following alternative license codes in Lawson (the HR system). As a teacher you may not know which license you have or which code is used. The informtion below is used by the ProComp team for pay processing.
- A7 - Authorization: Teacher in Residence
- A10 - Authorization: Temporary Teacher Eligibility (TTE)
- ATL - Alternate Teacher License (includes TFA, TILA and DTF/DTR)
- ATLW - Alternate Teacher License Waiver
- ALT APPL: Alternate License Applied - CDE
- TiR - The ALP program, formerly TiR/Teacher in Residence
- TFA - Teach for America
- ATLWD - Alterate Teacher License waiver, Denver
- A3TN - Emergency Authorization - Teacher
- A3SN - Emergency Authorization - SSPEMERG-APPL - Emergency Authorization Applied
- EMERG-APPL - Emergency Authorization Applied
- ALT APPL - Alternate License Applied - CDE
- TiR APPL - TiR Authorization Applied - CDE
Hard To Staff Incentive:
- TILA: CDE alternate authorization and correct endorsement.
- TiR: Paid with CDE alternate license and correct endorsement. This is required for acceptance in program.
- TFA: Applied to TFA candidates who are paid with CDE alternate license and correct endorsement. This is required for acceptance in program.
- DTF/DTR: Paid if candidate is in good standing in the program.
Note that Alternative program candicates with ALT APPL licenses are NOT paid Hard-to-Staff incentives.