Significant Changes to ProComp for 2008-2009
The ProComp agreement amended in August of 2008 included several improvements to ProComp:
- Hard-to-Serve and Hard-to-Staff market incentives increased from 3% of the Index to 6.4%.
- The Top Performing Schools incentive increased from 2% to 6.4% of the Index.
- A non-base building incentive for teachers in High Growth Schools was added. The incentive is 6.4% of the Index.
- The CSAP Exceeds Expectations incentive was changed to a non-base building incentive and the amount was increased to 6.4%.
- Student Loans were added as a reimbursable expense to the Tuition Reimbursement incentive. The lifetime maximum for Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment was increased to $4,000. The maximum reimbursement in each year is $1,000.
- Changes on payout for PDUs for teachers beyond 14 years of service. PDUs are bonuses and not base building starting with the 15th year of service.
- The Index also increased from $35,568 to $36,635.
- CPE base building increases awarded for 1-14 years of service only.